- Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation, Daniel J. Siegle
- A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook. Bob Stahl PhD, Elisha Goldstein PhD
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness. Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment–and Your Life, Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Mindful Brain: Reflection and Attunement in the Cultivation of Well-Being. Daniel J. Siegle
- Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom. Rick Hanson
- The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness. Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Segal, Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Healing the Addicted Brain: The Revolutionary, Science-Based Alcoholism and Addiction Recovery Program. Harold Urschel
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science. Norman Doidge
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts. Gabor Mate
- Neurobiology of Addiction. Alan Swann MD, F. Gerard Moeller MD, Marion Lijffijt, PhD
- Mending a Shattered Heart. Stefanie Carnes (Book for Partners)
- Article-Partners of Sex Addicts: The Forgotten Ones. A major paradigm shift has occurred in treating the partners of sex addicts. Read the full article from Counselor Magazine.
Article-6 Common Sex Addiction Myths Debunked by the Experts. From movies like “Shame” and reality TV shows like “Bad Sex,” to the Tiger Woods cheating scandal, sex addiction has been a hot topic for decades, but do we really know what sex addiction is? To answer this question and separate fact from fiction, we’ve gathered the top experts in the field to debunk the six most common myths about sex addiction. Read what Alexandra Katehakis has to say at DatingAdvice.com.
- Article-Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts. Do partner’s of sex addicts need help too? The moment when a partner becomes aware of the addicts’ behavior is nothing short of traumatic. Yet because of the shameful nature of sex addiction, finding support often does not seem a realistic or necessary possibility for the partner. As a result, many times they experience this crisis in isolation. Read more about recovery for partners of sex addicts at Alex’s blog on PsychologyToday.com.
- Article-Affective Neuroscience and the Treatment of Sexual Addiction, Alexandra Katehakis, MFT, CSAT-S.
Groundbreaking article for professionals on the application of brain research for treating sexual addiction. Published March 2009.Click here.
Mental Health Focus:
- Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think. Dennis Greenberger, Christine Padesky
- Letting Go of Self Destructive Behaviours (workbook). Lisa Ferentz
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are. Brene Brown
- The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook. Edmund J. Bourne, PhD
- Fear & Other Uninvited Guests. Harriot Lerner, PhD
- The Body Says No. Gabor Mate
- The Body Keeps the Score. Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery: Take-Charge Strategies to Empower Your Healing Babette Rothschild
- Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body Peter A. Levine
- Healing Trauma: Attachment, Mind, Body and Brain Daniel J. Siegel and Marion Solomon
- Moving On After Trauma: A Guide for Survivors, Family and Friends Michael J. Scott
- Sexual Healing Journey: A Guide for Survivors of Sexual Abuse Wendy Maltz
- The Body Bears the Burden: Trauma, Dissociation, and Disease Robert Scaer
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma Peter A. Levine
- The Dance of Anger: A Woman’s Guide to Changing the Patterns of Intimate Relationships. Harriet Lerner, PhD
- I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and Power; Rising Strong: The Reckoning, The Revolution. The Revolution and Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way we Live, Love, Parent and Lead. Brene Brown
- Hold Me Tight. Dr. Sue Johnson
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers. Karyl McBride, PhD
- From Impasse to Intimacy: How Understanding Unconscious Needs can Transform Relationships. David Shaddock
- Finding Your Ruby Slippers: Transformative Lessons from the Therapists Couch. Lisa Ferentz
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting. Myla & Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding & Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children. Ross Greene, PhD
- The Everything Parent’s Guide to Children and Divorce: Reassuring Advice to Help your Family Adjust. Carl E. Pickhardt
- Parenting After Divorce: Resolving Conflicts and Meeting Your Children’s Needs. Philip M. Stahl
- The Divorce Helpbook for Teens. Cynthia MacGregor
- The Way They Were: Dealing with Your Parents Divorce After a Lifetime of Marriage. Brooke Lea Foster.
- When Parents Hurt: Compassion Strategies When You and Your Child Don’t Get Along. Joshua Coleman