EXCITING NEW GROUP!
Authenticity & Shame Resilience Group
Based on research by Dr. Brené Brown
When: Monday’s from 7:00 – 9:00pm
Dates: October 15 – December 17, 2018 (10 weeks)
The group will focus on resilience to shame with the purpose to learn how to show up, be seen and live bravely by developing empathy, cultivating self-compassion and recognizing how to live more wholeheartedly. Some of the content will be focused on
- Letting go of perfectionism, and develop self-compassion
- Letting go of fear, and cultivate gratitude and joy
- Letting go of comparison, and enhance creativity
- Letting go of anxiety as a lifestyle, to embrace calm and stillness
- Letting go of “always being in control,” to cultivate laughter, song and dance
The group content is based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, who has spent the past 12 years studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness and shame. The methodology is designed to help people show up, be seen and live braver lives. All material in the curriculum was prepared using the words of the individuals studied, which makes the approach very relatable.
Option #1: Clients can pay the full fee at the time of registration by credit card, debit, e-transfer, cash or cheque.
Option#2: The first half of the payment is due at registration and the second payment will be taken automatically on week 5 of group. Please note that your credit card information will be kept on file in order for the second payment to be processed automatically.
Group Refund Policy: The Oaks Counselling & Consulting provides flexibility in cancelling your registration.
- If you notify The Oaks Counselling & Consulting of your wish to cancel your registration at least 2 weeks prior to your first session you will receive a full refund less a $25 cancellation fee.
- You can be refunding half the amount following the 3rd week of group.
- Please note that following week 5 there are no refunds available.
The Oaks Counselling & Consulting delivers professional counselling for individuals who are experiencing difficulties because of personal, family, emotional, psychological or substance-abuse problems.
- Alcohol, drug and gambling problems
- Mental health issues (Feeling stuck, shut down, frightened, isolated)
- Issues associated with life transitions (including employment, relationships, geographical relocation)
- Trauma, grief and loss
- Smoking cessation (Certified by CAMH as Smoking Cessation Counsellors)
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Relational concerns and difficulties (establishing healthy boundaries, attachment and intimacy)
- Unresolved childhood and family issues
- Shame (Relating to experience of one’s self, body, addictive patterns, sexual behaviour, food/eating issues)
Professional Development Workshops:
- Mental health
- Shame resilience
Please note: The Oaks Counselling & Consulting is not an emergency service. If you are in crisis please go to the closest Emergency Department or call 911. There are also a number of resources available after hours. Refer to the “Resource” page, under “Contact Us”, to access local resources.